Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,200 offices in 36 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
We are currently looking for
Interns in Credit Risk and Liquidity Risk Middle Office functions
Location: Budapest office
Start date: March/April
Contract: 20/30/40 hours (flexible)
Credit Risk Intern
The Credit Risk Department is an independent risk oversight function. It is charged with managing and overseeing the counterparty credit risk profile of the Institutional Securities Business. The Credit Risk Department’s specific responsibilities include evaluating and rating the credit risk of counterparties, establishing and managing counterparty credit risk limits, evaluating credit risk transactions and approving, rejecting or modifying them as appropriate.
Credit Middle Office, along with Reporting and Regulatory Capital teams, is one of the key technical teams of Risk Management Group in Budapest. These three groups work closely together, so a good understanding about the function of the technical part of Risk Management is crucial. Credit Middle Office plays a pivotal role in supporting Morgan Stanley’s Credit Department in credit risk analysis and limits monitoring. The team is also responsible for credit data management, credit policy/procedure implementation, portfolio and single name monitoring (credit limits monitoring/reporting/escalation), and process change management.
- Support credit professionals in the monitoring of Morgan Stanley’s credit exposure against the Firm’s pre-defined policy limits
- Enhance and implement data quality control processes and reports for risk management and capital calculation purposes
- Monitor, identify and mitigate/adjust credit data quality issues and act as a liaison between Credit Department, IT and Business Units in resolving data quality issues
- Represent the team in projects that require Credit Middle Office participation
- Ongoing studies in related discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Business Informatics, Computer Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or Business etc.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, VBA
- Interest of risk management or operation involving data analysis and process management
- Interest in financial products including fixed income, equity, secured financial transactions and other traded securities
- Good problem-solving, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as a good command of the English language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage dynamic priorities with attention to details
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL is a plus
Liquidity Risk Intern
Morgan Stanley’s Liquidity Risk Department provides independent oversight of the Firm’s business and activities, serving as a second line of defense to ensure the Firm retains the appropriate level of liquidity to weather material stresses.
Liquidity Risk reports to the Chief Risk Officer and is responsible for independent oversight and monitoring of the Firm’s overall trading, funding, financing and banking businesses, liquidity risk limit setting, risk assessment and analysis, and management and regulatory reporting.
The Liquidity Infrastructure team is based in Budapest and supports all data requirements for the global Liquidity Risk Department (“LRD”), including New York, London and Asia. The role considers the best ways to create innovative solutions to the infrastructure and data needs of the department.
- Develop and maintain regular and ad hoc liquidity risk reports
- Coordinate work with business and technology partners to improve systems and data standards
- Improving data visualization using internal and external technologies
- Enhance and implement data quality control processes and reports
- Ongoing studies in related discipline e.g. Computer Science, Business Informatics, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Business, or Finance etc.
- Basic knowledge of Financial markets and products
- Good problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as a good command of the English language
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply here by submitting your English CV.
Please indicate in your CV which position you are interested in.