American Embassy Budapest
is seeking a highly motivated student for a
in the Financial Management Office for Spring 2018 semester
Duration: Flexible, variable hours, 20 hours/week (up to 40-hours) for minimum of 2 months
Required number of hours per day: As many as can be provided, but otherwise flexible
Required days per week: Flexible
Major duties and/or projects, the scope of work and related duties:
- Processing Official Value Added Tax refunds for the Embassy (sorting and scanning invoices, downloading payment documentation, data entry into official Excel reporting sheet, and reconciliation of NAV reimbursements with funding sources), and
- Assisting in Administrative Duties (mail delivery, ordering, and sending invoices to send to central payments processing center).
- Education: High school diploma
- Language: Hungarian/English
- Knowledge: Information Technology (IT) skills to manage Excel spreadsheets; use of MS Office
- Abilities and skills required: Good mathematic and IT skills required
How will this internship benefit the Office and the Intern:
The internship program is a great opportunity for the interns to work in a professional and international environment together with Hungarian and American colleagues. The intern will have an opportunity to master his/her communication, language, and IT skills to help the Embassy recuperate hundreds of thousands in VAT as a diplomatic entity. The internship will also give the intern an overview of how a Financial Management Office for an international organization operates and help give them a broader view of finance to help him/her supplement his/her college/university studies. The Financial Management Office will also benefit from the interns’ fresh academic knowledge, creativity, enthusiasm, and IT skills.
The Financial Management Office has the adequate workspace and equipment for the interns to perform the duties during the internship.
- Application form (can be obtained from the Educational Institution),
- CV and
- Certification of active student status.
Closing date: December 15, 2017.