American Embassy Budapest
is seeking a highly motivated student for a
in the General Services Office in the Spring 2018
20 hours per week (variable hours) for approximately 2-3 months.
Major duties and/or projects, the scope of work and related duties:
- Assisting with residential escorting: When an occupant is unable to be home or requests assistance with translation the intern would be present at leased properties to provide assistance, ensure work proceeds smoothly and provide an update when the work is completed.
- Assist with utility related work- Schedule water readings, report water meter readings.
- Updating our excel sheets which track multiple inspection types and dates for our leased residences.
- Reviewing our leasehold folders for completeness and accuracy.
- Assisting with minor maintenance issues whether it be calling a technician or following up with a customer.
- Assist with the preparation of “welcome home” binders which contain specific, useful information for occupants who have just arrived to Post.
- Assist with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations which contain pictures and information about recently assigned houses. This information is sent to incoming occupants so they get a sense of where they will be living upon their arrival.
- Language: Hungarian/English (ability to communicate with English speaking customers) )
- We are looking for a reliable, organized, customer service oriented team member with good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and general administrative knowledge. The ability to multi-task and track multi-step issues until their resolution is also important.
How will this internship benefit the section and the intern:
The intern will get to work in a team environment, utilize their organizational and computer skills and build on their administrative capabilities. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to gain experience in a professional office environment and for someone with an interest in real estate/housing. The intern will help GSO tackle some of our important projects which will assist us in achieving our department objectives and allow us to maintain high levels of customer service.
Certification: The General Services Office has the adequate workspace and equipment for the intern to perform his or her duties during the internship.
Please submit the following to the Human Resources Office, American Embassy, Szabadság tér 12. 1054, Budapest or to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application form (can be downloaded here),
- CV and
- Certification of active student status.
Closing date: February 20, 2018.