Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,300 offices in 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for a
Market Risk Intern to the Capital team
For our Budapest Office
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley’s capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Market Risk department is responsible for managing all market risk exposures arising from the Firm’s business activities. Each of its main groups serves a well-defined role: Risk Managers, Research (include Risk Capital, Analytics, and Model Review), Portfolio Analysis & Risk Reporting, and Information Technology.
Based in Budapest the Capital Department is seeking an Intern to join the team. This role will be reporting into the US Head of Market Risk Capital based in NY. This team is responsible for market risk (including CVA) oversight for the Firm Holding Company and the US-regulated legal entities as well as calculating and reporting market risk regulatory capital, in compliance with the regulatory framework.
- Build ad-hoc and bespoke reporting tools as and when required
- Assist with production of the weekly/monthly/quarterly Regulatory Reporting
- Investigate large variances in regulatory VaR and Capital on a weekly basis
- Assist in building tools to improve the analytical power around internal models
- Excellent knowledge of VBA and Microsoft Excel
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are critical to understand VaR and regulatory capital processes as well as conducting analysis to draw conclusions
- Understanding of risk management concepts such as Value-at-Risk (VaR), Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA), key risk factors and the risk characteristics of a given portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships in teams
- Python, R or other programming skills as well as a working knowledge of databases and SQL is advantageous
- Understanding of regulatory capital frameworks, such as Basel 3
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV here.
Please submit your application for the 2017 Risk Management Internship in the Reporting Area (Budapest) and indicate this position – Market Risk Intern to the Capital team – in your CV.