Location: Budapest office, 1095 Budapest, Lechner Ödön fasor 8.
Start date: Spring – February/March 2018
Contract: 20/30/40 hours-a-week contract (flexible)
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services with over 1,300 offices in 42 countries, the firm is truly global — and a market leader in the U.S., Europe and Asia as well as in emerging markets. Our multi-billion dollar investment in technology enables the development and delivery of quantitative trading systems, modeling and simulation software, analytics and security systems. Developing the state-of-the-art technology behind the industry’s first auction-based initial public offering (IPO), customizing client technology solutions for hedge funds and money managers, and leading the way on the use of virtualization technologies, are just some of the achievements that have put Morgan Stanley at the forefront of technology innovation.
The Technology Spring Internship Program is designed to develop highly motivated junior technologists within application development & infrastructure engineering and includes the following: Morgan Stanley Company Induction; Mentor Program, Technical language, proprietary environment and infrastructure training, Technical and Professional on-the job training.
Interns who excel in the program may receive an offer to join the full-time Technology Graduate Program upon graduation.
Interns are given the opportunity to work on systems such as our enterprise portal, wireless access, or components of our many trading and risk reporting systems using various technologies such as .NET, JSP, Java Servlets and SOAP.
- You are currently completing your degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and other related technical majors;
- You have excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as a
good command of the English language;
- While a demonstrated interest in technology is essential, experience in the financial services sector
is not required.
- For Application Development projects:
- Competency in at least one programming language: C++, Java or C#, .NET;
- Database knowledge (SQL), good comprehension of data structures;
- Understanding of Linux/Unix and/or Windows operating system (user level);
- Basic scripting language knowledge is an advantage (Perl, Python, Shell).
- For Infrastructure projects:
- Operating system knowledge (Windows / Unix);
- Basic OO language knowledge (C#, .NET, C++);
- Good comprehension of data structures;
- Basic scripting language knowledge is an advantage (Perl, Python, Power Shell).
Candidates complete an online application and are selected for a first-round technical telephone interview. Candidates who successfully undergo the technical telephone interview will attend an assessment center in the Budapest office. The assessment centers include various technical and interpersonal interviews and a group exercise. They will also have the opportunity to meet current interns as part of the day. During the process, candidates who successfully passed the assessment center will have the opportunity to meet with hiring teams who will introduce the available intern projects. Intern hires will be matched to intern projects based on hiring teams’ preference and candidates’ skill set and interest.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply here by submitting your English CV.