EY Strategy and Transactions provides services within the domain of mergers and acquisitions, private and public offerings, valuations, business modelling, due diligence and financial consulting. Our team of professionals is ideally placed to successfully support corporate transactions.
Working as part of the Strategy & Transactions team, you will be involved in engagements related to corporate transactions. The Transaction Support team aims to assist clients, both private equity firms and corporate clients, throughout the whole transaction process. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, transaction diligence is much broader, incorporating assistance with business plan assessment, including support to the transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
Your key responsibilities
- Assisting project teams to coordinate valuation engagements for the purpose of: management planning, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financial reporting and corporate strategy.
- Performing financial due diligence procedures of companies and businesses together with your project team. You will do this in order to identify risks that are relevant to the perception of a contemplated transaction.
- Analyzing key balance sheet components and valuation issues, for example, identifying overvalued assets and undervalued/omitted liabilities.
- Research current capital markets trends, transactions and pricing
- Prepare materials for client transactions, including investment and credit memoranda, management presentations and supporting information
- Perform market research and analysis to develop new transaction opportunities
- Assist the broader team with client presentations, proposals and report writing
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- College / University degree (especially Finance or Financial Mathematics) – Master degree is an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hungarian.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge
- Excellent analytical, project management, communication, interpersonal, and teaming skills.
- High level knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- 1-2 work experience in a similar role in the field of audit, due diligence, business planning, modelling
- Financial services and energy industry related knowledge
- Ongoing CFA or ACCA studies
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What if your curiosity could help build the world we all imagine?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.