About the Role:
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be an expert in different backend technologies and develop software that helps both our customers and colleagues in their daily lives. You will be responsible for the entire development and support process for a software programme. Your applications will make previously complex tasks simple with the impact ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal.
What will you do?
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of IDE, language and toolset in Java
- Comfortably test drive any feature
- Profile and optimise code
- Identify and apply appropriate design patterns to problems
- Demonstrate a good understanding of cohesion, SOLID and how to apply it
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of one relevant operating system
- Script and automate within relevant environment
- Experience of operating in the cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Understanding NoSQL technologies (Redis, MongoDB or similar)
- Exposure to a variety of frameworks and libraries (Spring Boot, Micronaut or similar)
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes (or similar) for containerization, scalability and monitoring applications
- Experience in Lean and Agile environments and understanding of principles behind methodologies such as: BDD, ATDD and TDD
If that sounds exciting, then we’d love to hear from you.
Tesco Business Services and Technology
As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom, Tesco serves millions of customers a week in our stores and online.
In Europe we operate in Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, offering great value to our customers every day. Our Operations in Hungary has been serving shoppers since 1995.
To standardize processes, reduce cost to serve, enable agility in the business and empower colleagues to do even more for our customers, we have set up a dedicated team called Tesco Business Services across our markets. In 2004 we established our first centre in Bengaluru, India.
The Budapest centre provides dedicated support for colleagues and customers in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia markets.
Based in our Vaci út office this multi-functional and specialist team will drive operational excellence of services, improve scale for our systems and processes globally and create business leading capabilities.
More About Us:
What’s in it for you
Tesco is a diverse and exciting employer, dedicated to being #aplacetogeton, providing career defining opportunities to all of our colleagues. If you chose to join our business, we will provide you with:
A learning culture and excellent opportunities to develop your career within your chosen field or something altogether new
Varied and exciting projects to play a part in – there is always something new and exciting in the pipeline
Competitive Salary and benefits package