How will you make an impact?
As a Technical Service Engineer here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be on the frontline in helping our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges from the fight against COVID-19 to Zika to many others. You’ll be empowered to realize your full potential as part of a fast-growing, global organization that values your passion and unique contributions as you ensure our customers have a best-in-class experience every time.
What will you do?
· First-line contact with customers to troubleshoot runs, instrument hardware, software and computer-related problems over the phone and emails focusing on Genetic System platforms such as NGS, qPCR or MicroArray
· Triage function between Technical Service and Application Support by qualifying requests and addressing customer’s needs in resolving their inquiries.
· Works closely with Support and Field Service Engineers to prioritize all activities
· Provides responsive telephone support and generally works to ensure that customer is successful in the use of Instrumentation.
How will you get here?
· Professional background in life science, biology, clinical engineering or related subjects.
· Good verbal and written command of Italian or French or Spanish or German, in addition to English (technical) language.
· Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
· Computer literate including Linux, Python command line.
· QPCR or Next Generation Sequencing Application knowledge, Ion Torrent preferably
· Sanger Sequencing Laboratory experience to include knowledge in basic techniques related to Molecular Biology products with related instruments and applications background (e.g. ION) is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Not exactly what you are looking for? Sign up for our Talent Community and stay tuned : http://bit.ly/Thermo_TAS_Talent
Thermo Fisher Scientific
WHO WE ARE
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build rewarding careers. We help customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.