Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Location: Budapest office
Start date: Continuous
Contract: 20/30/40 hours-a-week contract (flexible)
Duration of program: 6-12 months, rotation opportunity within teams after 6 month
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the Investment Banking business
- Work with and obtain in-depth knowledge of a wide-range of financial products
- Engagement with the offices globally, including New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Opportunity to start remotely and receive an offer for an internship extension/full-time role upon graduation
- Get exposure to one or more of these Asset Classes: Equity, Commodities, Credit, Lending and Interest- and FX rates
- Provide support in the independent valuations processes of a global portfolio of financial assets using external data sources and internal models
- Learn about pricing and assessing market risk through the use of valuation and risk models
- Understand global financial markets, follow market movements and comprehend the impact on the portfolio and firm
- Ongoing BSc (or above) studies in Finance/Economics/Accounting or other quantitative fields
- Interest in financial markets and products and eagerness to learn more
- Problem solving skills with which you can apply logical thinking to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Familiarity with Excel – VBA knowledge is an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English
Team Profile: Morgan Stanley Valuation Control provide an independent valuation opinion across the entire spectrum of financial instruments within the firm’s sales and trading inventory and proprietary investment portfolio, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions. The team leverages its diverse quantitative skill set and intimate product expertise to act as a guardian and approver of valuation methodology. The group’s key clients are senior trading management and senior Finance management.
The team is mandated to perform an independent valuation assessment on the diverse range of financial products. This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior management. The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.